Hey “Awesome over 50’s”, it doesn’t take much to set aside an area in your home for your own personal beverage stand.
If you’re like me you need that “wake me up” jolt of caffeine in the morning and then again around 2:30 p.m.
I’m also trying to eat healthier so a blender for smoothies and soups that is easily accessible fits my needs.
I no longer want to wait in line and spend a month’s full of cafe charges equal to my hydro bill.
Here are the TOP 5 BEVERAGES my little stand gives me…
- COFFEE OF COURSE, but I also have a machine that makes delicious cappuccinos and espressos
- HERBAL TEAS, Green teas, peppermint, go to sleep types of teas and my favorite the “immortal tea” that promises to keep you young. ( I guess we’ll see about that but it doesn’t hurt to try, LOL)
- FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SMOOTHIES I have to admit I hide any spinach or kale in a fruit smoothie to get my vegetables. I probably need to look up new yummy vegetable smoothies…any suggestions?
- SOUPS Amazing how fast you can blend a soup. Some blenders on the market also heat up the soup as they make it, how awesome is that!
- ICED COFFEE DRINKS I admit that in the summertime I have a weakness for iced frappe coffee drinks. Although I have whipped cream on hand I also have a milk frother that will put that topping on without all the calories. I can still add a topping of a bit of caramel and ooohhh… I think I’m going to make one now!Quick recipe…My favorite smoothie consists of frozen blueberries, strawberries, 1 cup of orange juice and a banana. I just add it all to a blender and the iced berries make it cold and smooth (no need to even add ice)
Now I know a leisurely sit-down at a cafe can be nice but the next time you’re pressed for time, waiting in line and shelling out money for a coffee where they got your name wrong, think about this post… it could make your mornings, health and coffee treats just a little more “awesome”.